You can choose from a variety of academic programs at Waterloo and will likely find a program that sparks your interest.
The following are some examples of the academic programs you can take at Waterloo.
The Faculty of Health specializes in the prevention of illness and injury, and the optimization of health and well-being throughout the life span, at work and at leisure. Programs include:
- Health Studies
- Public Health
- Recreation and Leisure Studies
- Recreation and Sport Business
- Therapeutic Recreation
Each program offers a variety of minors and specializations to choose from.
The Faculty of Arts is a vibrant community of students, faculty and staff dedicated to a broad range of fields in the humanities, social sciences and creative arts. The driving force behind its teaching, research and outreach is a deep commitment to curiosity and creativity, and the desire to contribute to a better world. Programs include:
- Gender and Social Justice
- Legal Studies
- Liberal Studies
- Social Development Studies
An Indigenous Studies minor has also been added.
The Faculty of Engineering is the largest engineering school in Canada and offers 15 bachelor degree programs, including degrees in emerging areas, such as:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Nanotechnology Engineering
Each program involves co-op work terms, so 100% of our students gain real-world experience while earning their degree.
Waterloo’s Faculty of Environment creates knowledge, nurtures learning and promotes action to achieve sustainable futures in Canada and internationally. Programs include:
- Environment and Business
- Environment, Resources and Sustainability
- Geography and Aviation
- Geography and Environmental Management
- International Development
- Knowledge Integration
The Faculty of Mathematics is a powerhouse of discovery and innovation with the aim to connect theoretical advances and innovative mathematics to develop novel solutions to pressing problems. Programs include:
- Applied Mathematics
- Computer Science
- Statistics and Actuarial Science
The Faculty of Science is shaping the future through discovery: From understanding the universe to protecting our water resources, to improving the health of Canadians, to educating the next generation. You can choose from 21 bachelor degree programs in departments that include:
- Earth and Environmental Science
- Physics and Astronomy
Waterloo offers a variety of services to help you achieve your goals at university. The following are some of the academic services you can access at Waterloo.
The Waterloo Indigenous Student Centre offers any academic support a student may need including tutoring services, study groups and guiding communications with various academic resources.
The Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association also offers undergraduate services, including:
- Feds Used Books – helps you purchase textbooks at lower prices
- Turnkey Desk – provides access to book quiet or large study lounges
- Student Legal Protection Program – provides legal advice and representation on issues relating to academic rights, co-op and employment, or housing and tenancy
- Centre for Academic Policy Support – helps you navigate academic policy in the instances of filing petitions, grievances and appeals