Financial Aid

Investing in your future may require some help along the way.

Carleton offers financial aid to eligible students, as well as many scholarships and bursaries specifically for Indigenous students.

Learn more about Indigenous Awards on our website.

Top of Page

Scholarships and Bursaries

Financial aid is available to you through scholarships, bursaries, government loans and Indigenous-specific scholarships and awards.

The following are examples of Indigenous student awards available at Carleton.

Note: These scholarships and bursaries may require a separate application and/or additional criteria.

  • The New Sun, New Beginning Bursary is for part-time and full-time students who demonstrate commitment to education. Preference is given to Indigenous students in the Centre for Initiatives in Education Enriched Support Program and other programs of study.
  • The Richard M. Zubrycki Bursary is given to a second- or third-year Law, Criminology and Criminal Justice or Social Work student in financial need. Preference will be given to Indigenous students.
  • The Gordon Robertson National Inuit Scholarship is awarded annually to 1 or 2 full-time Inuit students either entering or continuing a program of study at Carleton University. The scholarship aims to encourage and promote higher rates of postsecondary completion for Inuit students.

For more information about financial aid, view Carleton’s Awards and Financial Aid Office or visit Centre for Indigenous Support and Community Engagement..

Top of Page

Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)

A student loan through OSAP is one of the ways that you can finance your postsecondary education.

Get help applying for OSAP.

Top of Page

Work Study Program and Part-time Work

The Work Study Program at Carleton can help eligible students find part-time work at the university. Some of the jobs available include helping professors with research or working at campus organizations, such as the CII.

Top of Page

Financial Aid Services

For information about financial aid available specifically for Indigenous students, contact Carleton’s Awards and Financial Aid Office or visit Centre for Indigenous Support and Community Engagement.

Top of Page

Back to Top