Select the Correct Application

To apply to an Ontario university, you must submit an application through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC).

Before applying to an undergraduate program, however, you need to know what kind of application to submit.

Answer a few short questions to make sure you are applying with the right undergraduate application.

Top of Page

Are There Any Admission Policies for Indigenous Students?

Ontario universities recognize the need to encourage Indigenous students to participate in postsecondary education, and many offer Indigenous students an additional and/or alternative pathway for admission to an undergraduate or graduate program.

Find out which Ontario universities offer alternative admission pathways by visiting the Universities section.

During the university application process, you can declare that you have Indigenous ancestry or heritage – First Nations (status or non-status), Métis or Inuit. By declaring Indigenous ancestry, your university’s Indigenous student centre may reach out to you with transition supports and other helpful resources.

You should be aware that recent amendments to the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities (MTCU) Act have given the Ministry the power to allow institutions to share personalized information, including self-identification data, with the Ontario government.

Top of Page

What is a Transfer Student Policy?

Many schools have transfer student policies. These policies apply to students who might choose to transition from a college program into university, or students who seek to change universities during their programs. Student transfer policies outline how the credits you completed at one postsecondary institution can count toward the completion of a degree at another.

To find out more about your school’s transfer student policies, contact the admission office at the university you would like to attend or visit the Universities section.

You can also access for more information about transfers and links to advisors who can help you plan your transfer.

Top of Page

What is a Mature Student Policy?

Most Ontario universities have a policy to support admission for mature students who do not meet standard university entrance requirements, but who have life and work experience. These policies vary depending on the university. The OUAC has a complete list of mature student policies.

Read more about mature students and other applicants.

Top of Page

Back to Top