To apply to an Ontario university, you must submit an application through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC).

Before applying to an undergraduate program, however, you need to know what kind of application to submit.

Answer a few short questions to make sure you are applying with the right undergraduate application.

Top of Page

Current Ontario High School Students

If you are a current Ontario high school student, your school will distribute your application access codes in October or November with the information you will need to apply.

The deadline to submit completed applications to the OUAC is usually in mid-January; visit the OUAC website for important dates and deadlines.

All Other Applicants

If you are not currently attending high school in Ontario, you must arrange to send your transcripts to the universities you are applying to. The 105 application is available mid-September on the OUAC website.

If you are submitting high school or postsecondary transcripts from schools outside of Ontario, you will need to contact those schools directly and arrange for them to send transcripts to the universities you applied to. Transcripts should not be sent to the OUAC.

Top of Page

Pay for Your Application

After you fill out your application, you must pay a non-refundable fee before the OUAC will forward your application to the universities you are applying to.

Ways you can pay:

  • Credit or debit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, VISA Debit or Debit MasterCard).
  • Online banking through selected Canadian banks and credit unions only.
    • This may take 2-5 business days to process.
    • You must make all payments in Canadian funds.
  • Flywire (for international payments only). You can pay the Canadian dollar fees in the currency of your choice.
    • This may take 2-5 business days to process.

Read more about fees.

Top of Page

Back to Top